First, let me ask you a question? Do you know what gout is? Well, if you don’t, let me explain it for you – gout is a metabolic disorder, which can lead to joint inflammation and it can cause swelling and stiffness. In some, more severe cases, it can lead to awful pain and swelling that develops in just few hours. So, the main reason for its appearance is the uric acid overload.
The main reason for uric acid overload is the inefficient waste elimination or excessive creation. This acid is usually created in the process of decomposing of purines. And purines are chemicals which occur naturally in the human body and they are also found in many different foods. So, when the kidneys are not able to eliminate the uric acid from the human body, crystal formations are formed and deposited around the joints. But, don’t worry because there are many ways and things you can do to remove the uric acid and to improve your health condition. So, let’s start with this one – you need to make some changes in your lifestyle and your diet!
You need to change your diet! It’s extremely important for you to eat fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meat, seafood; whole and unprocessed grains. You should also lower the consumption of processed sugars, such as high fructose corn syrup, foods high in saturated fats, and alcohol. Drink lots of water! Water keeps our body hydrated and it helps in the detox process. Water also helps in regulating and flushing the overload of the uric acid. So, make sure you drink plenty of water every day! You should also drink natural juices without any added sugar; fruit infused water and herbal teas with some honey in it!
This is also extremely important for you – you must reduce the stress levels by doing some new physical routines or activities, jogging, or something else. For example, you can hike in the mountains, or enjoy any other form of natural landscape and a wonderful environment for meditation and relaxation.
Here are the best natural tonics for treating gout:
- A recent study has found that baking soda can be an effective prophylaxis candidate for the reduction of uric acid in the human body. So, if you want to successfully prevent and treat gout, you need to add ½ teaspoon of baking soda in one glass of water and drink it every day. If you are experiencing current gout attack, then you should take 1 teaspoon of baking soda with glass of water.
- We have many articles about lemon water and the remarkable uses and benefits of it. But, did you know that lemon water can also help with this type of health condition? When the pH value in your body is more alkaline than acidic, your organism is able to prevent numerous health conditions, including this one. So, all you have to do is squeeze ½ lemon into 8 oz of warm water and drink it on empty stomach every morning. It will increase the alkalinity in your body and it will prevent uric acid crystal formation.
- Another, also extremely useful and beneficial ingredient for this type of condition is apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar also increases the alkalinity in your body. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with malic acid, which is extremely effective in the disintegration of uric acid, and it’s also very useful in flushing the uric acid from the body. So, just add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 8 oz of water. You must drink this mixture every day, before every meal.
The best foods you should consume in order to prevent and treat gout:
- A recent medical study has found that Curcumin, found in Turmeric powder can have a significant role in renal protection and it has very powerful and extremely useful anti-inflammatory properties.
- The compound bromelain, which is found in pineapples, has also very powerful anti-inflammatory properties and it can provide analgesic effects.
- Another study, conducted by group of researchers at the Federal Fluminense University, has discovered that flaxseed with its incredible beneficial properties can also reduce the uric acid in the human body.
We really hope you find this article helpful. If you are experiencing any type of gout problem or joint pain, then you should definitely try this home remedies and eat these foods. They will help you get rid of the awful joint pain. Thanks for reading and please share with your friends and family.