This is the biggest mistake you can do after you bathe! We learn to swim from a very young age. We all love water and bathing, but in this article, we’re going to present you the 11 most common errors you do in the shower that can damage your body!
1. Take long showers more than once in a day:Showering for too long can eliminate the natural moisture of your skin if your showering lasts between 5 and 10 minutes. In addition to this, it is not advisable to take a shower more than once throughout the day. If you use very hot water, do it quickly and don’t use soap as it will dry out your skin additionally.
2. Stop drying your body with great force: You don’t’ need to polish your body so that it becomes dry because polishing may damage your skin. Use gentle moves and a soft towel.
3. Do not bathe with hot water:If you like to bathe with hot water, you lose all the benefits of cold water. It stimulates your circulation, gives you a fresh skin, you’ll feel more energetic and cold water also has antidepressant effects. It is recommended to rinse yourself with cold water even after your hot shower for 30 minutes or try to bathe with warm water instead of the usually hot one.
4. Wash your feet or backwell:It is essential and necessary to clean these areas of the body, because both of the areas have bacteria, fungi (feet especially) and dead cells that must be removed after every wash since they spread if you don’t do it well.
5. Wash your hair every day: We all want to have clean hair, but washing it every day is a big mistake, because it irritates the skin capillaries and dries out your scalp. If you have a weak and thin hair, avoid frequent washing. Twice a week is enough. On the other hand, if you have either curly or thick hair, it is recommended to wash your hair once a week.
6. Apply hairconditioner: If you put hair conditioner, your hair becomes greasy much faster. It is best to apply conditioner before you apply the shampoo, because the shampoo will remove any remain of oil and grease that are left from the hair conditioner. You probably didn’t know this trick.
7. Moisturize your skin too late:It is essential to hydrate the skin while it is still wet in order to favor the penetration of water and make the moisturizing effect of the cream last longer. In addition to this, make sure to moisturize your skin daily.
8. Shave under water: If you shave with a razor under water, it can cause great irritation to your skin. The best alternative option for this is to use gels for hair removal and do that with either warm or cold water. You can also use some of the professional methods of hair removal.
9. Dry your sponge:If you use a scouring pad or sponge to shower, it is necessary to dry them well before you use soap or shower gel, so that you can remove all dead skin cells that remain in the holes of the sponge and develop bacteria. Apart from this, keep it in a dry place.
10. Do not bathe immediately after doing sports:It would be enough if you shower before doing any sport or exercise, because it is better than doing it after the activities.
11. Wrap your hair in a towel: Wrapping your hair in a towel after you wash it is not a very good idea, because it can damage your hair and scalp, so it would be the best to drain any excess of moisture with a towel and not to rub it, since you can create knots in your hair.