Portulaca oleracea known as Purslane was first discovered in Persia and in India. Now people can find this plant all over the world, as it tends to thrive and survive almost anywhere.
In some countries this plant is used in food, but in other countries people just think it’s a weed and throw it out with the rest of the weeds.
People should know that this plant is completely natural and contains no GMO. The seeds that come off it are powerful and can last up to 40 years. The healing benefits it contains is what makes this plant special.
This powerful, resistant and healing plant is especially beneficial for the immune system and the overall health as well. Purslane can give you many nutritional benefits:
- It contain a lot more omega 3 fatty acids than you will find in fish oils.
- It also contain a great amount of vitamin A .
- Vitamin A is excellent for boosting the health of the eyes and it is also a marvelous protector from several types of cancer.
Note: This plant is sometimes referred to pig weed. Many people are replacing GMO grains with this weed as many farmers suggest it’s a lot better for them.
Purslane is loaded with two types betalain alkaloid pigments: yellow betaxanthins and reddish beta-cyanis which are strong anti-mutagens and antioxidants.
Soft, succulent purslane leaves have huge amount of:
- Vitamin C,
- Vitamin B-complex including niacin, riboflavin and niacin,
- Trace minerals such as calcium, magnesium and iron.
Purslane can grow in just about any climate. This plant has been proven to improve your health, which is probably better than most supplements people buy.